Killam Seniors Society
4929-50 Street (Main Street)
Yearly Memberships: $20/person
- Meetings: The 3rd Thursday of every second month at 1:30 pm
- Pot Luck Suppers: 4th Thursday of the month beginning at 5:30pm
- Birthday Celebrations/Cards: 2nd Thursday of the month 1:30 - 3:00 pm
- Card Parties: Wednesday evenings & Sunday Afternoons 1:30pm
- Coffee Club: Monday to Saturday at 9:30 - 11:00 a.m. $1.00 (bottomless cup)
- Pool Table, Shuffle Board & Dart Board
- Catered Events: At least once a year a catered dinner is held for all Seniors to attend
- Fundraising: Members support community projects that benefit all residents, young and old as well as the Killam Healthcare Centre
- Rental Rates for the Seniors Hall: 0 - 2 hours $40, 2 - 5 hours $75, 5 hours+ $125.00. Call Dianne Blaeser (780) 385-2221 for bookings.
- For more information please call:
Laraine Russell (President) 780-385-2258
Shirley Swainson (Secretary) 780-385-2237
Dianne Blaeser (Treasurer) 780-385-2221
Seniors First Program (formally provided by the SOS Program)
"To assist seniors and their support networks to access needed programs, services and supports so seniors can sustain their independence."
Flagstaff Community Adult Learning offers this service to Seniors on the third Wednesday of every month at the Killam Seniors Drop-In Centre from 1:00 - 3:00pm.
Donna Coombs, Director of the Program, offers information on:
- Arthritis Society
- Alzeimer's Society
- Aids to Daily Living
- Personal Response System
- Personal Directives and Wills
- Homecare / Meals on Wheels/ Support
- Cancer Society, Kidney Foundation
- Fraud Prevention & Elder Abuse
- Referrals for Community Support
Assistance with Access to Federal Programs such as Canada Pension, CPP Disability & Death Benefit, Old Age Security. Help with Provincial Programs such as AB Seniors Financial Assistance, AB Special Needs Assistance, Property Tax Deferral program, Seniors Blue Cross, Optical & Dental programs and Assistnace for Diabetic Supplies.
For more information, stop by the Killam Seniors Centre and talk to Donna, (third Wednesday of the month) or call the FFCS at (780) 385-3976 for more information.
Meals on Wheels - Convenant Health / Killam Lions Club
- Certified Dietician approved menu following the Canada Food Guide which includes soup or salad, hot entree and dessert
- Sponsored by Killam Lions Club who covers a portion of the cost
- Meals delivered by volunteers Monday thru Friday, between 11:30am - 12:00 noon
- Choose how often you would like a meal delivered
- Gift Certificates are available at the Killam Health Centre
If you are interested in this program, please contact:
Telephone: (780) 385-3741
Killam AB T0B 2L0