This Winter has got to be almost over... right?
Some recommended safe Snow Shoveling tips:
- Use a small shovel: shovel many small loads instead of fewer heavy ones.
- Drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration.
- Dress in layers.
- Cover your head and neck (50% body heat can be lost thru these areas).
- Cover your mouth (breathing cold air can cause angina or trigger breathing problems).
- Begin slowly and take frequent, 15-minute breaks.
- Be aware of how you are feeling!
Warning signs of a heart attack, lightheaded-ness, dizziness, being short of breath, tightness or burning in chest, neck, arms or back. If you think you may be having a heart attack, call 911.