Mayor and Council

The Mayor and Town Council are dedicated to the concerns of the citizens of Killam and their surrounding community. Regular Town Council meetings (located in the Town Office Council Chambers), are held on the third Thursday of the month. Issues regarding the community are addressed and resolved.  If you are interested in attending a council meeting as a delegate, you are required to complete and submit the following form to the CAO three (3) business days prior to the meeting.  Forms are also available at the Killam Town Office.

Council Delegation Form

The Mayor, Town Council and Staff can be contacted through the Town Office at (780) 385-3977, fax at (780) 385-2120 or at their contact numbers below.  Unless otherwise noted, Regular Council Meetings begin at 7:00pm. 

Financial Statements and Budgets

2016 Financial Statement for the Town of Killam has been approved.

2015 Financial Statement for the Killam Recreation Board has been approved.

In order to help our residents understand where their taxation dollars are allocated, please see the final 2016 Operations Budget that was approved by Council.

2016 Operations Budget

2013-2017 Elected Council

Mayor Bud James

Mayor Bud James
(780) 385-0027

Bud James was born & raised in Killam, and attended school in Killam Public and Central High in Sedgewick. Following High School he entered the family business, taking time off from work to obtain his finance diploma from NAIT. Bud is a small business owner, with offices in Killam and Sedgewick. Bud and Tammy have 3 children and 6 grandchildren. Bud was first elected to Council in October 2001, and has served as Mayor since November 2006.

Follow Mayor James'  blog at: http://townofkillammayorsblog.blogspot.ca/

Clr. Darcy Eskra

Clr. Darcy Eskra
(780) 385-3040

Clr. Eskra was born and raised on a farm north of Invermay Saskatchewan. After graduating High School in Invermay he attended the University of Saskatchewan for 2 years. Darcy began work with Saskatchewan Wheat Pool/AgPro in 1986, and is currently employed with Crop Protection Services (CPS). Darcy, along with his wife and four children, moved to Killam in May of 2001. He was elected to Council October 2004 and it has been a very positive experience for him.

Clr. Diane Gordon

Clr. Diane Gordon
(780) 385-2419

Clr. Gordon was born in Killam and raised in a large family on a farm south of town. Following High School she moved to Calgary where she worked for a CA firm during the day and took CGA courses in the evenings. Shortly after marrying her husband, Jerry, they returned to Killam where they have since lived and raised their family.  Diane is now proud to be called "Grandma" by 5 precious grandchildren!

Diane first served on Town Council in 2001-2004, and was once again elected to Council in 2007, remainining on consecutive terms since that time. Currently, Diane runs a bookkeeping service out of their home and serves on several volunteer boards including the Flagstaff Food Bank.

One of Diane's greatest satisfactions comes from "a job well done" and strives to do just that in every task undertaken.

Clr. Brenda Grove
(780) 385-2391

Clr. Grove was born and raised in Hardisty. After graduation, she attended Estelle Academy of Hair Design in Edmonton. Since then, Brenda has continued on her journey to satisfy her thirst for knowledge. Brenda, her husband Ron, and their three children moved to Killam in 2012 to be closer to family. Brenda likes to be active in any activity that peaks her children's interest. Clr. Grove enjoys catering and was a key planner in the Lougheed Community suppers.

Clr. Rick Krys

Clr. Rick Krys
(780) 385-3859

Clr. Krys was born and raised on a farm southeast of Vermilion. He graduated High School in 1990 and went on to take one year of Engineering at Red Deer College. He returned to Vermilion to work at the Co-op for 3 years before transferring to Killam in 1993. Rick later began working for Grainline Implements and completed his Parts Technician Journeyman Certification in 2000, at which time he was promoted to Parts Manager.
Rick is married to Shanon Mochid and have 2 beautiful children, Tyler and Abbygail. Rick is Captain of the local Volunteer Fire Department, and has been actively involved with the Lions Club and Jr. B Wheat Kings Hockey organization for many years. Clr. Krys cherishes this community and counts it as one of the best places to live.

Clr. Carol Kinzer
    (780) 385-3082  

Clr. Kinzer war born and raised in Heisler and attended High School in Daysland.  When she married Blake in 1977, they chose to move to his home town of Killam, where they raised their 4 daughters. The family has grown with the addition of 4 sons-in-law and 9 grandchildren.  Carol works part time at the Killam post office. She has volunteered on many committees over the years and was a volunteer on the Killam Ambulance where she became an E.M.T.

In the spring of 2012, after Blake was diagnosed with cancer, Carol and her daughters decided to hold an on-line auction to raise money for "The Enbridge Ride to Conquer Cancer" and raised over $22,000. In 2013 they held it again, this time raising over $24,000 for the same cause. They are planning to make this an annual event.  Carol enjoys winter holidays, especially to Argentina to see her Grandson. The winters are mainly spent cheering on the Grandkids that play hockey; summers are spent camping with the family. Baking, reading and spending time with the Grandkids are her favourite past times. She is excited for the many challenges and changes with Town Council over the next 4 years.

Clr. Brenda McDermott

Clr. Brenda McDermott
(780) 385-2491

Clr. McDermott was born and raised in the Alliance area and gradutated from Sedegewick Central High School. She then moved to the Galahad area where she began her family of three children, which has now grown to include five grandchildren. While in Slave Lake, Clr. McDermott began her career in childcare. Upon her return to Killam, she began working at Flagstaff Family Day Home Society, then to Flagstaff Family and Community Services, then Town of Daysland.

Clr. McDermott considers herself to be an avid learner and strives for excellance in her undertakings. She has been very involved in the communities she has lived in, having a passion for rural Alberta. Clr. McDermott is active in a number of volunteer boards, as well as her newly acclaimed councillor position.

Council Committee List  Members of Council are required to take part and represent various community organizations and boards.  A listing of those representatives can be found here.

What's New!

Welcome Atoms Girls Minor Hockey Competitors!

The Town will be busy with new faces as the Battle River Knights host the Provincial Tournament this...[MORE]

Public Swimming on Sundays!

The Killam Regional Aquatic Centre will now be open every Sunday, from 2-4 for Public Swim.... ...[MORE]

Killam Transfer Site Closing

as if April 1, 2017, the Killam Transfer Site will be closed to the public......[MORE]